Over the past year, I have been working with indie dyers on my Dyers In Their Studios Series and Hooked On Hand Dyed Patterns. I have been profiling various hand dyers here on my blog, and publishing patterns on Ravelry using their yarns. This project led to branching into putting together kits with Monica, including her crochet hooks, my patterns, and locally dyed yarns. The kits have sold well at the craft shows where she sells her hooks, so we have decided to take them to the next level!
Ficstitches Yarns is a quarterly Kit Club launching April 1st (unless the April Fool gives us any surprises). In addition to hooks, my designs, gorgeous yarn, and other hand-made goodies, we are working with "speculative fiction" writer, C. Jane Reid, who is writing historical crochet fiction stories that tie the kits together. Making this truly a brand new kind of Crochet Kit Club! From the stories, to the design, to the surprise hand-made gifties, you will find an adventure in every package!
So, if you:
- Loved "Choose-Your-Own-Adventure" type stories as a kid
- Like getting fluffy yarny goodness in the mail
- Enjoy fun crochet projects that use mostly basic stitches, but provide tutorials for any unusual techniques
- Adore hand-dyed yarn, or just want to try different fibers and weights
- Enjoy the feel of long, hard wood in your hands - oops, er. hand carved hooks
- Have been waiting for something new in crochet fiction
- OR just want to support some awesome creative women in a new venture
But in order to be a part of the Adventure you have to preorder a kit!
Here's how it works:
- Preorders will open every 3 months (April, July, and October for 2015)
- One month needed for Hook-carving and Yarn-dyeing
- Kit will ship the following month (June, September, and December)