|This hangs in my Studio as constant inspiration.|
Happy New Year! I hope everyone had a marvelous 2013, and has great plans for the coming year.
Each year my business is growing, and as a crochet designer/author/instructor, there are many facets to the business and new avenues to explore. Although I am trying to take it slowly with small children at home, I know that I will never make a living just designing patterns. So I have to wear many hats, and keep many irons in the fire, always trying something new.
New Firsts in 2013
- Wrote my first book with a publisher (coming in June 2014!).
- Attended my first Industry Trade Shows.
- Judged the Crochet Competition at OFFF (Oregon Flock and Fiber Festival).
- Designed my first Mystery Crochet-Along (for the Rose City Yarn Crawl).
- Hired a few awesome contractors to enable me to produce more patterns by not doing all the stitching myself.
- Began to explore garment design...
- Running my first Mystery Crochet-Along.
- Begin Teaching again locally, at yarn stores (starting with Twisted in Portland), guilds, and events (a few already scheduled, hoping to do more).
- Promoting my first full-length book, including some traveling, and maybe even a Book Tour Road Trip.